Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Delicious

Delicious is a site I’ve heard about before, but never really tried for myself. The video was certainly in-depth and helpful!

On a personal level, I think this is a really useful too, for both saving bookmarks I like so I can access them from any computer without having to remember URL’s or having to search for them on google, and I think the possibility for sharing even just fun frivolous stuff between friends using the site is really neat.

I also see a huge advantage with it in terms of use in a library setting, particularly with research. I have an interest in academic libraries, and I could see myself using this site if, for instance, I was a subject librarian and was instructing history students on how to research. Not only could I use it to save & bring up websites to show them, or recommend that they use it to save links that they will need to cite later, etc., but it would be great to be able to post a link to a delicious account on the library’s website of history sites and news in the field to share with students looking for information. There are lots of great uses for a site like this both in and out of the field, making the internet easier to use and helping people get more out of the internet.

No comments:

Post a Comment